Guide to Concrete Demolition in Edmonton
Are you looking for a concrete demolition company in Edmonton? If so, you want to make sure you team up with a reputable demolition contractor. Walser Contracting has been providing expert concrete contractor and demolition services in Edmonton and Alberta since 2006.
Walser Contracting has the experience you need for your next demolition project. We have worked on several large-scale projects, including the Edmonton Airport and the Edmonton LRT system. Click here to view other projects and the major construction companies that we have partnered with. We have put together a step-by-step guide for proper building demolition.
The Demolition Process
There are three critical aspects of any demolition project. All elements work together to ensure the project is completed efficiently, on-time, and safely.
1- Survey of the Structure
The contractor needs to inspect the building or structure the requires demolishing thoroughly. Whether you are demolishing an entire structure or part of a building, you need to have a good understanding of all the aspects of the building. These include, but are not limited to:
- Create a detailed layout of building to be demolished and any adjacent buildings
- Understand all construction materials used in the project
- The potential impact of demolition on surrounding or adjoined buildings
- A clear understanding of any potentially hazardous materials
- Make sure you have a clear layout of all utility lines, water lines, drainage, etc.
2- Create Your Demolition Plan
After surveying the building, the demolition contractor will produce a detailed demolition plan for the client. The plans will include:
- Step-by-step procedure for taking the building down
- Initial steps to remove any potentially hazardous materials before major demolition such as asbestos.
- Each step will outline what demolition method will be applied
- Safety protocols to protect the public and surrounding structures
- Proper Debris disposal plan
- Detailed project completion timeline
Once you have surveyed the building and produced the demolition plan, demolition can begin once you have removed all hazardous materials. Walser Contracting uses various types of equipment during the demolition process. These can include:
When hiring a demolition contractor, you need to be confident that the project will be done on-time and, most importantly, safely. Once you have hired your contractor, make sure the contractor provides you with detailed surveying notes and a plan for proper demolition. You also want to make sure that your contractor has an appropriate method to handle all demolition debris responsibly. If you are looking for a demolition company in Edmonton, or have questions about an upcoming project, feel free to contact Walser Contracting anytime or call us directly at 780.721.3405!