How to Choose a Concrete Cutting & Coring Company
If you are looking to hire a concrete cutting and coring company in Edmonton, you must understand the basics of concrete cutting and coring and what to look for when hiring an Edmonton company. Concrete cutting and coring involve performing highly accurate cuts, usually in structurally sensitive areas. For these reasons and many more, you must hire the right company to perform your concrete work project in the Edmonton area.
This guide will provide you with the following information:
- What is concrete cutting and coring?
- What to look for in a cutting and coring company
- Related concrete services
- Why you should consider Walser Contracting for your next project
Contact Walser Today for Concrete Coring Related Questions!
Concrete Coring vs. Concrete Cutting
The concrete coring process uses diamond cutting drills of various sizes to cut a perfectly circular hole into concrete structures. We primarily use concrete coring for industrial or commercial projects. Also, concrete coring provides a great alternative to traditional cutting because of the accuracy it provides. Also, the process is relatively lower in noise, dust, and vibration production. Concrete coring can cut through many types of material, including solid concrete, precast concrete, brick walls, & asphalt.
Concrete Coring creates access points for services including:
Concrete coring is also a very versatile service as you can drill into your concrete structure at almost any angle. The process works for both vertical and horizontal applications.
Alternatively, we use Concrete Cutting when straight cuts are required. Walser uses cutting to create large openings in concrete structures or create controlled cuts such as highway expansion grooves.
What to look for in an Edmonton Concrete & Coring Company
- Equipment: Make sure the company has the right equipment for the job. Ask what type of equipment they use. Do they use a diamond, wire, or wall saw? How old is their equipment? The equipment needs to be in good shape to get a good result. Walser Contracting always uses well-maintained state-of-the-art cutting and coring equipment.
- Insurance: As with any construction project, insurance is crucial. Concrete cutting, if done incorrectly, can cost a lot of money to repair. It can also cause collateral damage to anything buried underneath, including pipes. Asking for their liability insurance is a must.
- Experience: Concrete cutting and coring is a specialty. You do not want to hire a fly by night company to have this done. Look for someone with a lot of experience. Ask them how long they have been in business and what other jobs they have completed.
- Reputation: Ask for references. Look online at reviews. Good companies do good work and get good reviews. The reverse is also true.
- Environmental: When cutting concrete, we use water to cool the blades. It creates what is called a slurry, which can be environmentally damaging. Ask what their wastewater control process is. Are they recycling it according to LEED specifications?
- Professionalism: Look for a company that presents a professional appearance. They are more likely to take good care of their equipment and provide better customer service.
- Safety: Safety is paramount on any Jobsite. It affects liability, public perception, timelines, and people. It is essential on any job site. Ask what their safety record is and what safety precautions they take.
Cutting and Coring Related Services
Concrete coring (sometimes referred to as concrete drilling) involves creating an exact circular opening in a concrete structure. Many concrete coring projects involve cutting into walls with hidden utilities. For these reasons, we often employ concrete scanning to ensure the coring process will not cause any damage to hidden obstacles such as utility lines, re-bar, or other structural components.
Why You Should Contact Walser Contracting
Walser Contracting is one of Alberta’s premier concrete services companies, and we can handle projects of all sizes. Walser Contracting can also handle cutting and coring work for residential jobs. When hiring someone for a concrete cutting project, you want to be sure that this is a service that is their specialty. Many concrete companies are capable of handling smaller cutting or coring jobs.
With Walser Contracting, be confident that you will be working with an expert concrete contractor. We pride ourselves on a high level of workmanship and dedicate ourselves to superior customer service.